Helping in School
We are always looking at welcoming volnteers in to our school to help support in lots of different ways. Our Class teachers LOVE having volunteers helping in the classroom, but don’t worry if volunterig=ng during the schoool day is tricky, we sometimes also need volunteers who are available briefly after school to help keep our library in tip-top condition.
There are many different ways in which parents can help in schools – on an ad hoc or regular basis. These include:
- Helping with literacy (typically listening to children read)
- Helping with numeracy
- Sharing your professional skills (for example, if you’re a doctor, you might go in to talk to a class whose topic is healthy living)
- Helping with classroom activities such as cookery
- Leading or helping to lead an after-school club like netball or chess
- Helping on school trips
- Helping with our sports day or other events
- Looking after our library
- Creating or organising resources for the classroom
If you can help with any of these things, please do get in touch!
Alternatively, for more information please read our Helpers Leaflet Complete Document Sept 2018
If you would like paper copies for any of the information on our website, please contact the school office